Laying the foundation
Chiropractic care is like building a house - certain things have to happen in a particular order in order for everything to stand strong and work correctly. When building a house, if you tried to put up your walls before you had a solid foundation, your walls would be weak and eventually collapse. If you tried to put on your roof before the walls were ready, you would run into the same problem. The same is true for your body. Your body has to go through a particular plan of care in order to repair itself correctly and fully. There are three general phases of chiropractic care.
What to expect 1st Visit
Your first visit usually takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes. Arriving fifteen minutes early for paperwork will help to ensure a low wait time to meet your doctor.
- You will be greeted by our staff and doctor who will guide you through our office.
- You will fill out forms with your important medical information or fill out the forms online and you will be ready to go upon arrival.
- Watch Part 1 of video to explain what Chiropractic is all about.
- Sit with one of the Doctors and answer some brief questions about your specific complaint and will take notes on your medical history.
- You will receive a full Spine Insight Scan which is a series of scans that determine nerve interaction with the body.
- You will take a full Spine X-Ray to check structure of the spine.
Setup follow up visit to go over report of findings
2nd Visit (30 Minutes)
- Watch Part 2 of video to explain in more detail about nerve interference.
- The doctor will review your exam and X-ray findings with you. If your doctor feels chiropractic will help you, then a treatment plan will be given.
- Question and Answer Session with Doctor.
- If Chiropractic can help with your condition, the Doctor will lead you through your first adjustment. This will consist of specific chiropractic adjusting to get you moving pain-free again. Complimenting your adjustment, any number of physiotherapeutic suggestions or home care recommendations will be given.